Monday, September 13, 2010

No Love Stronger than that of a Mother!

Three Grim Grinning Ghosts
I now know there is no love stronger than that of a mother. This project if evidence of the truth of that statement. On Halloween my son goes all out to decorate his yard for that holiday. Last year he asked me to sculpt three heads similar to the ones at Disney's haunted mansion, the Grim Grinning Ghosts such as the those in this photograph. It took one day to sculpt them using water-based clay. Unfortunately the clay cracked when it dried and had to be continually touched up until the night was over. We decided it would be a good idea to make more permanent heads by making molds and casting them with hard material. When I started this project, I did not know what I was getting into! Before long I found myself in Halloween “Heck.” I’m from Utah where you hear a lot pseudo swear words, and before I finished this challenging project, I am sure I had said a few of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment