Monday, September 13, 2010

More Silicone and Some Sports Mesh

Sports mesh and more silicone
After applying 5 more coats of silicone, I am ready to put on the sports mesh. The first coat for two heads took 5 ounces of silicone base and 1 oz. of pro blue silicone catalyst. I had to double that amount for the next coats. I cut the sports mesh in 1-inch strips and after the 5th coat of silicone set for about an hour and was still tacky, I placed pieces of mesh all over the head and the flanges to strengthen the finished silicone to keep it from tearing easily. I had a hard time getting the stiff mesh to conform to the nose and ears. After the silicone was set completely, I applied two more heavy coats of silicone. This time it took more silicone per head because it filled in the mesh which required more of the goo.

No comments:

Post a Comment