Monday, September 13, 2010

Ear, Ears and More Ears

Sculpting ears before placing on heads.
I found it was easiest to shape the ears before I placed them on the heads. I printed photographs of ears from the internet and printed sets of two; each flipped the opposite to the other. I used them as a pattern and sculpted the ears flat on the table. After they were finished I rolled a rope of clay, shaped it in an “O”, placed them on each side of the heads and placed the ears on top of each “O” so they protruded out from the sides of the face. I then proceeded to finish their details. I used damp Q-tips to get the smaller details and make the ear canals. I did not go too deep with the holes so the undercuts of the latex would not be too large. Damp cosmetic sponges worked good for smoothing the surfaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment